British Film Institute
Come and join the Centroid Monsters, Myths & Legends Academy!
Be part of a team that creates the next modern mythical creature that could become legendary.
Come and work with industry professionals to create an action trailer for the next fantasy visual effects movie.
Learn how to create an action based trailer; from coming up with the initial idea, through to concept design and 3D creation and finally onto adding effects and editing it together. You will be mentored by students who are studying VFX already, who can guide you through all the processes that are involved in producing a movie.
You will be spending 8 days on a residential course where you will not only be intensively learning the art of creating a visual effects movie, but you will also be visiting Pinewood studios and be visited by industry professionals who will give you invaluable tips on getting into the Visual Effects industry. You will also be working with Centroid, one of the leading Motion Capture Studios in the world to produce your action sequence. You will be learning the art of transferring human movement onto your computer generated characters.
All you need is enthusiasm and passion to make the characters in your imagination come alive on the big screen.
Find out more by clicking the course below.
You have to be between 16 – 19 years of age.
Application should include:
- Attach a brief note describing why you are passionate about becoming part of the Visual Effects industry.
- Attach a drawing of your interpretation of a Monster, Mythical character or one based on a Legend. Including their name, strengths and weaknesses and a brief backstory telling us why they are the way they are.
- Describe the scenario and environment in which you would like this action trailer to take place.
Cost £50 which includes:
- 8 days accommodation at Missenden Abbey in Buckinghamshire, near Pinewood studios.
- All meals.
- Transport to and from the accommodation to Amersham & Wycombe college.
- Transportation to all excursions.
Bursaries are available for students who demonstrate that they need assistance.
To apply, you must complete an application form and complete the following brief and return to Angela Jegard: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 2nd December 2014
|8 Day Residential Centroid Monsters, Myths and Legends Academy||Amersham||Part Time||14/02/2015||1 Week|